Cauliflower shepherds pie. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drain well, pressing with paper towels or a clean dish towel to remove as much. This shepherd's pie with cauliflower mash is a low-carb, healthier version of a great cold-weather dish.
The ground beef filling is cooked in the same skillet used for baking the pie, making assembly (and cleanup) a breeze. Pascale Naessens' low-carb take on the classic Irish shepherd's pie, where cauliflower replaces the traditional mashed potato topping. A convenient and comforting all-in-one dinner, and an irresistible family dish that everybody loves. You can cook Cauliflower shepherds pie using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower shepherds pie
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of chicken broth.
- You need of Cauliflower head, chopped.
- Prepare 3 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of rosemary.
Perfect for cooking in advance and freezes well — not that there will be any leftovers! This cauliflower shepherd's pie bake makes plant-based eating exciting It's the kind of comforting creaminess that I think most of us crave, especially in winter. Instead of a mashed potato layer on top, this is a cauliflower shepherd's pie – all the flavors, without all the carbs. It's a pretty great swap and I doubt anyone will even realize this is a low carb healthy shepherd's pie.
Cauliflower shepherds pie instructions
- Boil water and cook cauliflower..
- Cook onions, carrots, and celery in oil. Once cooked (about 5 min) Add ground beef. Season with garlic powder, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook till browned..
- Add flour to mixture. Combine. Add broth, corn, and tomato paste. Simmer for 10 min. Consistency should be thick but not too thick, if need to add more liquid, add more broth..
- Once cauliflower is cooked, drain water. Add cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Mash well. Add more milk if too thick..
- Pour meat mixture into pie dish. Cover with cauliflower mash. Cook at 400 for 20 min. Serve!.
It's perfectly cozy and comforting for fall and winter meals. Don't let the Keto diet keep your from enjoying some of your favorite foods like Shepherd's Pie. Our topping is made with cauliflower and mashed together with cream cheese and plenty of cheddar to. Traditional shepherd's pie is a casserole made with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables in a savory gravy. Then, the meat is topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are browned.