Chipotle Barbacoa. Combine apple cider, chipotle peppers, lime juice, garlic, cumin, serrano pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, and ground cloves in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Pour over beef in the slow cooker. Our Barbacoa mainly comes from the shoulder, because those cuts have enough fat to keep the meat moist during our long braising method, making the end result seriously juicy and tender.
Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned. This delicious chipotle dish is paleo friendly and a crowd pleaser. Serve in taco or burrito shells with cilantro-lime rice, black beans, salsa, cheese, and your other favorite toppings for a great Mexican-inspired meal. You can have Chipotle Barbacoa using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chipotle Barbacoa
- Prepare of Chuck roast, whatever size you have or would like.
- It’s 5 of chipotle peppers from can, you can add more if you want spicy.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, roughly chopped up.
- Prepare 6 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of beef or chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Serve with rice, tortillas, on a salad.
- It’s of Can cook in Dutch oven, crockpot, or instant pot.
Barbacoa is beef, goat, or lamb cooked low and slow until the meat is tender and then shredded. However, carnitas, are only made of pork. Although also cooked slow and low, before serving you brown the meat in a skillet to give it that crispy texture. The chipotle beef barbacoa turned out quite tasty, and brought a good amount of heat to satisfy me.
Chipotle Barbacoa step by step
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Sear meat on all sides..
- In food processor add garlic, onion, chipotles, cumin, oregano, vinegar, lime juice, and broth. Blend well..
- In crockpot, add meat and pour chipotle blend over. Cook on high for four hours or low for eight..
- Shred with fork and serve..
I noticed in the picture/video along with mentioning juices in the instructions. This barbacoa recipe is a beef-based dish that takes a simple beef roast and infuses huge flavor with Mexican peppers, herbs and spices. Barbacoa can be made with beef, goat or lamb, however. Chipotle Barbacoa Marinade Like Chipotle's Chicken, the Barbacoa derives its flavor from dried ancho chiles and adobo sauce. To create this smoky flavor, you can: Buy Ancho Chile powder online (Culinary Hill may earn money if you buy through this link) Barbacoa generally refers to any slow-roasted, barbecued meat, but the barbacoa at Chipotle is specifically beef, and it packs flavors that fans rave about.