Improved Mississippi Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots. Slice Onions and Pepperoncini with added pickling juice, get your packettes together. Put the roast in the bottom of your crockpot. Top with the powdered packets, add water and worcestireshire, lay the stick of butter.
A classic pot roast is typically cooked with roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions. This can vary depending upon your preferences and of course, if you happen to be following a keto diet. Below are some of my favorite sides that go great with this Mississippi roast recipe. You can have Improved Mississippi Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Improved Mississippi Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
- Prepare 3 lb. of English Cut, Beef Shoulder Roast.
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced pepperoncini destemmed, plus 3 tbsp.juice.
- You need 1 of large sliced onion.
- It’s 3 of crushed garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 cup of baby carrots.
- It’s 1 packet of Hidden Vallley Ranch.
- You need 1 packet of French Onion soup and dip mix.
- You need 1 packet of McCormick’s mushroom gravy.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water, plus 3 tbsps. Worcestershire.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 1 lb. of large diced, whole potatoes with skin.
For keto dieters, the keto green bean casserole is a perfect side. Salt and pepper pot roast on both sides; When simmering, add the pot roast. Top roast with potatoes and carrots ; Add ranch dressing, au jus packet, and peperoncinis; Add beef broth, Peperoncinis juice, and top with butter; Close and lock the lid. In a small bowl, whisk together the onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, buttermilk, dill, chives and italian seasoning.
Improved Mississippi Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots instructions
- 3 pound Beef Roast.
- Slice Onions and Pepperoncini with added pickling juice, get your packettes together..
- Put the roast in the bottom of your crockpot. Top with the powdered packets, add water and worcestireshire, lay the stick of butter. Add the carrots,onions,and garlic..
- Chop the poatotoes and layer them.in..
- 8 hours, plus on “low” crockpot setting..
Sprinkle the spice mixture over the beef evenly. Stir in the beef broth and red wine and bring to a rapid simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Return the roast to the pot along with the potatoes, carrots and pepperoncini peppers. Add enough of the beef broth so that is comes three-quarters of the way up the sides of the roast; add water if needed. Remove from oven, add carrots and potatoes to pot and season with salt and pepper.