Italian Stuffed Pepper.
You can cook Italian Stuffed Pepper using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Stuffed Pepper
- It’s 3 of green peppers (or bell peppers).
- You need 1 cup of white rice.
- It’s 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomato.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Italian cheese mix.
- It’s 2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
Italian Stuffed Pepper instructions
- Wash the white rice and cook it in instant pot for 5 minutes with 1:1 water ratio..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Cook the ground beef on a separate pan and drain the grease..
- Cut the green peppers in half and remove the seeds and membranes inside..
- Put the peppers in oven and cook for 10 minutes..
- Peel and chop the garlic and onion. Chop the fresh basil and set aside..
- Heat up a separate pan and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook till garlic turns golden. Then add chopped onions and cook till the are crystallized..
- Add diced tomato, cooked ground beef and white rice to the pan. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the pan. Continue cooking until all ingredients are well mixed together. Make sure the rice is not soggy by the tomato juice..
- Add Parmesan and half of the Italian cheese mix to the pan and mix well with other ingredients. Turn off the heat..
- Put the stuffing in the peppers and put the chopped fresh basil and the other half of shredded cheese on top..
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes..
- Delicious stuffed peppers ready to serve..