Spanish rice with ground beef. Directions In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender.
This Spanish rice is an American-style recipe made with ground beef, tomatoes, and seasonings. It’s a simple skillet meal that cooks quickly. The Spanish rice can also be made with ground turkey, or leave the meat out and add more vegetables. You can have Spanish rice with ground beef using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spanish rice with ground beef
- You need 1 lb of ground beef (deer or turkey).
- It’s 1 of med onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can diced tomatoes w/liquid (I prefer the fire roasted).
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 cup of rice and 2 cups water.
- It’s of Chopped Green onions for garnish.
This skillet Spanish rice is made with ground beef and seasonings. With a shredded cheese and bacon topping, the dish makes a satisfying everyday family meal, and it’s a snap to prepare and cook. Add some refried beans for a Tex-Mex touch, or serve it with simple dressed arugula or mixed greens. This recipe exceeded all of my expectations.
Spanish rice with ground beef instructions
- In a 6 qt pot, brown beef with the onions..
- Add all seasonings and mix well, add tomatoes, rice and water..
- Bring to a boil for 3 minutes and turn down to simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed..
- Serve with chopped green onions, or put in your burrito or use your favorite hot sauce and enjoy..
The ingredient list is simple, the one-pot method is fast and easy, and the result is seriously delicious. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir in tomato paste and cook until heated through. Here’s her Spanish Rice Recipe with Ground Beef.